- Minister of coaching, Schools and Colleges, October 2011 – November 2012
- Minister of Research and Innovation, August 2010 - October 2011
- Mayor, Winnipeg
Subscriptions and Associations
- Senior Resident and Going to Fellow, Faculty of Architecture and Landscaping, Massey College, College of Toronto, 2004
- Chair, National Round Table around the Atmosphere and also the Economy, 2005
- Leader and Boss, Canadian Urban Institute, 2007
- Board Member, Expo 2015 Bid Committee
- Member, Reference Group for Enhancing Services for Marginalized Students, Toronto District School Board
- Co-Chair, Canadians for Equal Marriage
- Fundraiser, Habitat for Humanity
Honours and Honours
- Queen’s Jubilee Medal
- Fight for LGBT Justice and Equality Award, Egale Canada, 2003
- Bald eagle Feather for use the aboriginal community
Glen Murray was initially chosen towards the Ontario legislature this year because the MPP for Toronto Center. He was re-chosen this year and 2014.
Murray presently can serve as Minister from the Atmosphere and Global Warming. He was hired the Minister of Infrastructure and also the Minister of Transportation in Feb 2013.
He's were built with a duration of activism in urban planning, sustainable development and community health. Murray is really a founding person in the Canadian Helps Society. He was Director of Health Education and Aids Prevention Services in the Village Clinic/9 Circles Community Health Center in Winnipeg. Murray seemed to be place in the world Health Helps Service Organization’s working group for that Global Program on Helps.
He offered as mayor of Winnipeg from 1998 to 2004. As Chair from the Large City Mayors’ Caucus, Murray brought the effective campaign to transfer the same as five cents per litre from the federal gas tax to cities for infrastructure renewal and construction.
In 2004, he gone to live in Toronto and offered as Senior Resident at Massey College along with a Going to Fellow in the Faculty of Architecture and Landscaping in the College of Toronto. Murray would be a Controlling Partner of AuthentiCITY, a Toronto-based urban sustainability talking to and planning firm. He was hired Chair from the National Round Table around the Atmosphere and also the Economy by former pm Paul Martin in 2005. Murray grew to become leader and Boss from the Canadian Urban Institute in 2007.
He's offered on several college, hospital and community boards, such as the Expo 2015 Bid Committee and also the Toronto District School Board’s Reference Group for Enhancing Services for Marginalized Students. He's drenched greater than 5Thousand kms cycling for Habitat for Humanity to boost money for reasonable housing. Murray has won several public service honours, such as the Queen’s Jubilee Medal and also the Fight for LGBT Justice and Equality award from Egale Canada in 2003.
Murray was created in Montreal, where he gained a qualification from John Abbott College. Then he attended Concordia University’s School of Community and Public Matters for 4 years, specialising in Urban Studies.